I found the USB memory stick (Corsair Voyager GT 3.0) I was using worked fine in a USB 2.0 port and failed in a USB 3.0 port, so I installed the most up-to-date USB 3.0 driver for my motherboard and that solved my problem. All Lexar memory card, card reader, and USB flash drive product designs undergo extensive testing in the Lexar Quality Labs, facilities with more than 1100 digital devices, to ensure performance. USB Memory Stick not recognized by Windows 10. I found the USB memory stick (Corsair Voyager GT 3.0) I was using worked fine in a USB 2.0 port and failed in a USB 3.0 port, so I installed the most up-to-date USB 3.0 driver for my motherboard and that solved my problem. Now my USB memory stick works fin in my USB 3.0 port.
- For more than 20 years, Lexar has been trusted as a leading global brand of memory solutions. Our award-winning lineup includes memory cards, USB flash drives, readers, SSDs and storage drives for retail and OEM customers.
- Recommendation: If you are inexperienced with updating Lexar device drivers manually, we highly recommend downloading the Lexar Memory Card Driver Utility. This tool will download and update the correct Lexar Memory Card driver versions automatically, protecting you against installing the wrong Memory Card drivers.
- Keep your photos safe in the cloud with the best online photo storage for 2019 Stay private and protected with the best Firefox security extensions Clean out junk files in Windows 7, 8.1, and 10.
Open Lexar Memory Stick
Lexar Memory Stick Reader
- 1 Scan a Hard Disk for Bad Sectors
- 2 Fix Missing DLL Files
- 3 Get to the Root Directory in DOS
- 4 Run Norton AntiVirus From the Command Prompt
Your Lexar jump drive is a flash storage device that offers a reliable and portable medium for storing your files and documents. Although flash-based drives are generally more reliable than mechanical storage devices, they are nevertheless susceptible to data loss and errors. There are numerous reasons why a Lexar jump drive could malfunction. Repair the drive by identifying the type of problem you are experiencing and then troubleshoot accordingly.
Missing Drive Letter2.
Type “Compmgmt.msc” in the Run dialog and press “Enter.”3.
Click to highlight the “Disk Management” branch under Storage in the left pane. This lists all your drives in the left pane.4.
Right-click your Lexar drive in the right column and click the “Change Drive Letter and Paths” option. A Drive Letter dialog opens.5.
Click the “Add…” button. Download pokemon thunder yellow gba. In the Add Drive Letter dialog that opens, click to select the radio button for “Assign the following…” Expand the adjacent drop-down menu and select the preferred drive letter. Click the “OK” button to apply.
Missing From Disk Management1.
Press “Windows-R” and type “Regedit” in the Run dialog.2.
Click “OK” in the Run dialog. Click “Yes” on the User Account Control dialog that opens to launch the Registry Editor.3.
Click to expand each of the “HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesExplorer” keys on the left.
Lexar Memory Stick Duo Adaptor4.
Right-click the “NoDrives” value in the right pane and click “Delete.” Click “Yes” to confirm and restart the computer.
Error Checking and Repair1.
Open the “Start” menu and type “cmd” in the search box.2.
Right-click the “cmd” result and select “Run as Admin.” Click the “Yes” button to launch an elevated Command Prompt window.3.
Type “Chkdsk X: /R” and press “Enter” – replace “X:” with the drive letter of your Lexar jump drive. This runs the Check Disk utility on your jump drive.
Write Protection Errors1.
Press “Windows-R” to open the Run dialog. Type “Regedit” in the Run box and click “OK.”2.
Click “Yes” on the User Account Control dialog that opens. This launches Registry Editor.3.
Click to expand each of the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESystemCurrentControlSetControlStorageDevicePolicies” keys on the left.4.
Right-click “WriteProtect” on the right and click “Delete.” Click “Yes” to confirm and restart your computer.
Click “Start” and type “Create and Format” in the search field. Press “Enter.” The Disk Management window opens.2.
Right-click your Lexar drive in the Volume column and click “Format.”3.
Click “OK” on the Format dialog and click “OK” again to confirm that you want to format your drive.
- If possible, connect the Lexar drive to a second computer or run it under a different operating system. This allows you to identify if the drive problem is computer-specific.
- Formatting your Lexar jump drive will erase all data on the device.
About the Author
Mike Benson has been a freelance writer since 2000. He has authored tech guides on eHow as well as product and game reviews on a number of websites. Benson has focused his career in information technology and is educated in COMPTIA A+, electronics, A, B, C networking, search engine evaluation and programming. Benson has a certification of computer fundamentals and literacy.Cite this Article